The congregate meal program provides lunch—usually served around noon to folks who gather together or “congregate” at a meal site. You get an opportunity to visit with old friends, make new ones and enjoy a delicious and nutritious meal.
HOW TO BEGIN?
You must make a reservation by 1:00 pm the day before you want to eat. This is so we know how many meals to prepare and deliver to the congregate meal site. You can make your reservation by either calling the Prime Time Office on Aging at 740.314.8615 or by stopping in a meal site and talking to the site manager.
Anyone age 60 and over residing in Jefferson County, or have a spouse 60 or older.
Menus adhere to the Ohio Department of Aging requirements and are approved by a registered dietitian. The meals are prepared by Prime Time and the menu is printed in the Prime Time monthly newsletter.
CONGREGATE MEAL SITE LOCATIONS:
1) Bergholz Volunteer Fire Department
724 Monroe Street, Bergholz
2) Dillonvale City Annex Building
3) First Westminster Presbyterian Church
235 N. 4th Street, Steubenville
4) Heritage Village Apartments
3010 Johnson Road, Steubenville
5) Michael Myers Apartments
425 N. 4th Street, Toronto
6) Mingo Junction Senior Center
633 Commercial Street, Mingo Junction
7) River’s Landing Apartments
909 2nd Street, Brilliant
8) Four Seasons (the old Pleasant Hill School)
129 School Street, Steubenville
9) Prime Time Office on Aging
300 Lovers Lane, Steubenville
The Home Delivered Meals Program or "Meals on Wheels" delivers hot, cold, and frozen meals right to the door of those in need.
HOW TO BEGIN?
Telephone the Prime Time Office on Aging to refer yourself, a loved one or neighbor to the Home Delivered Meal Program at 740.314.8493. Our Client Assessor will schedule a phone call assessment to discuss your eligibility.
• Anyone age 60 and over residing in Jefferson County.
• Anyone homebound, meaning you do not usually leave the house.
• Anyone unable to prepare your own meals.
• Anyone who has no one in the home willing to prepare food.
Menus adhere to the Ohio Department of Aging requirements and are approved by a registered dietitian. The meals are prepared by and purchased from Trinity Health System.
All meals provide one third of the daily nutritional requirements. If you are following a modified diet the following substitutions can be made upon request.
• Low Fat—meals offering a lower fat entrée such as chicken without skin, skim, or 2% milk can be requested during the assessment.
• Low Salt—meals offer a lower sodium entrée such as a baked meat or chicken.
• Diabetic—can receive a non-concentrated dessert substitute when appropriate.
Your information is given to the Home Delivered Meal Coordinator who assigns you to a Home Delivered Meal Driver. Meal delivery can occur between 10:30 AM and 3:00 PM.
Once delivery begins, your meal will arrive at approximately the same time daily (Monday thru Friday).